Stainless Steel box-style smoke oven. Suitable for most grilles (medium to large), also for open fire. Size 40 x 25 x 21.5 cm. Weight 2,3 kg.
The gently swirling aroma of freshly caught fish cooking in a smoke-oven over open fire by the lakes is unmistakably Finnish. And with this smoke-box, you can do it, too. Easy to use, sliding cover eases handling of foods. For best results, use always the lowest possible heat which produces smoke. Better cooler and longer than too hot. And hey, try also king prawns, chicken and vegetables.
Tips for perfectly smoked salmon filet:
1) Use the thick parts of the filet. Wipe the fish dry with paper towel but leave the skin.
2) Salt the meat-side to your liking but be easy, the smoke adds to the saltiness.
3) Line the smoker-tray with aluminum foil for easy cleaning. Place the chips evenly on the tray and add, if you like, a little sugar (gives good colour), few pieces of smoked sausage, or few twigs of juniper on the chips.
4) Place the smoker-tray on its holders and the filets on aluminum foil on the grill above.
5) Close the lid, place the box above the heat source and start smoking. Keep the heat low-moderate, particularly if you use it over open fire.
1 kg of salmon takes approximately 45-60 minutes to cook. The fish is ready when the skin loosens easily and the fish has nicely brown surface colour. Do test it occasionally.